For more than thirty years, the Bachelor of General Studies (BGS) Degree Completion Program has welcomed the skills, talents, and backgrounds of our Veteran and active military students.
The BGS Program is fully accredited and offers you the flexibility and convenience that fits your busy life.
To help you to comfortably settle into UConn’s academic and social environment, please visit our Veterans Resources Site. There you will find announcements and university, community, and national resources.
If you are a Veteran (or the dependent of a Veteran) enrolled in the BGS Program, you may be eligible to receive financial support through the Veterans Administration. The exact type and amount of assistance varies depending upon your situation and your course load during each semester or session.
You can get more detailed information on Veterans’ benefits and the appropriate VA forms can be obtained from the UConn Veterans Affairs Office or the Veterans Coordinator at your local campus.
The following websites can offer you additional assistance with many of your questions:
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs – Veterans Benefits Administration
- Military.com – All the Benefits of Service
- National Association of State Directors of Veterans Affairs
- GovBenefits.gov – Your Benefits Connection
- Connecticut Department of Veterans’ Affairs